At Abrazowe spend our dayscrafting beauty with indigenous artisans of Oaxaca and Chiapas, Mexico. Today, we’re taking a momenttohighlight a few details about what makes our hand embroidered apparel special.
* Handcrafted: Hand embroidery looks different from machine embroidery. We use unique stitches, such as the French knot and the rococo coil stitch, to make our designs. These embroidery techniques are impossible to imitate by machine and are evident in the relief of the hand work on the garment. When the garment is turned inside out, the knots and irregular patterns of the stitches are a very good indicator of handwork.
* Ethical: Abrazo Style’s handcrafted products are verified by the Fair Trade Federation. This demonstrates our commitment to the well-being of the women we work with.
* Limited Edition and Unique: Abrazo Style produces a curated collection of styles featuring artisan-crafted details. Our clothing is produced in small production runs in family workshops and embroidered by talented women artisans. Each artisan’s rendering of an Abrazo design reflects the “signature” of the individual woman’s style and is what makes each piece special and one-of-a-kind.
* Well-Made and Enduring: Abrazo Style creates garments that stand the test of time by using quality materials and masterful craftsmanship. We strive to acquire the most durable fabric and color-fast thread available. Our embroidery is expertly done by women whose families have carried on the tradition for generations and take pride in using tight stitching and secure knots to add longevity to our garments. We pre-wash all of our embroidered garments before packaging to ensure minimal change to the size or appearance of the garment after use.
* Easy Care: Our embroidered apparel is machine washable and pre-shrunk. To preserve the life of the garment, hand washing is always best but machine washing works almost as well. Wash in cold water, delicate cycle, embroidery facing out, and hang to dry. Iron inside out. (Some shrinkage will occur if the garment is washed in hot water or put into the dryer. Not recommended).
As always, we love to hear from you with your questions and comments!
We hope you find this information helpful and we look forward to sharing more about our other products soon.